Sunday, May 4, 2014

My "Selfie Addiction"

In regard to the "Selfie Addiction" article, I felt the title was a bit misleading, as I literally expected to read all about some sort of new serious phenomena exclusive to selfies. I did, however, find the article extremely relevant and interesting, as I myself am an avid social media user. I have no problem admitting that I spend far too much time connected to the mobile apps on my phone. I often get incredibly frustrated with myself about this truth. I know that being connected to Twitter and Instagram as often as I am is not an entirely good thing. Half the time I don't even know why I log on, because on more occasions than none I find myself temporarily frustrated or annoyed after reading people's posts or seeing certain things online. I've learned now how to shake this sort of turbulence throughout the day and sometimes I resort to staying off of the sites all day (yes, this is a significant amount of time.) Other times, I'll take a tweeting hiatus and not tweet for a solid week. I do still, however, long on and read other people's posts despite the fact that I haven't actively engaged on the timeline that day. I guess this stems more from me not wanting people to know what I'm doing..

No comments:

Post a Comment