Sunday, April 6, 2014

Megan Reardon - Vallarie Perez SPC 260

The first thing that caught my attention about this particular blogger was her alias, "Not Martha." That was clever, and it made me giggle. It was interesting to me that she describes reading people's blogs as if it were like "reading someone's diary," because since blogging was newer at the time its surprising that people were so open to sharing their personal recollections and thoughts on the net. Her reasoning for initially using blogging was basically as an online "post it" for things she wanted to pick up on or reference later. This seems efficient. I should try it since I'm so forgetful. Although taking off comments may seem limited to some, it's probably something I would eventually do myself in order to avoid potential negativity or conflict in response to any personal opinions or ideas I might share, as those types of occurrences are practically inevitable at some point down the road. I like that she calls herself out about being a bit contradictory by disabling comments yet having an online blog to which she shares her thoughts. She has no shame in revealing that her reasoning for creating something like this did in fact stem from her necessity for a certain degree of attention. The fact that she embraces this and owns up to her true reasoning for creating the blog demonstrates character. I liked that. She also incorporates a bit of sass into her response about the question in regard to being "flamed." I enjoyed that also because it was an additional insight to her personality and the way she thinks. I don't follow blogs, but "4,000 unique users a day" seems like a pretty decent amount of people checking up on her. I found it interesting that she basically referred to writing in high school as painstaking. You wouldn't think that someone who didn't enjoy putting their thoughts together would take to online posts, however, once I thought it over, it made a bit more sense to me. Blogging disintegrates any type of creative boundaries, whereas assigned papers have distinct guidelines and points to be met.

No comments:

Post a Comment